The mission of the Honors College is to offer an enriched, four-year core curriculum to students of high ability and initiative. The Honors College provides students with the opportunity to challenge themselves in an engaged academic community in order to develop their full potential to lead and serve their local, national, and global communities.
Through small classes taught by experienced and enthusiastic faculty dedicated to scholarship and learning, the Honors College helps students to develop genuine intellectual curiosity and a life-long love of learning, as well as skills in critical thinking, writing, public presentation, and information literacy.
The faculty, staff, and students of the Honors College seek to create a community of learning that values …
- respect for diversity among individuals
- high standards of scholarship and achievement
- integrity, character, and moral responsibility
- engagement with, and responsibility to, the community
- independent thinking and intellectual risk-taking
- global awareness and responsibility
- the spirit of service and philanthropy.