Honors’ Samantha Case, Double Major at WSU

Samantha Case
Case atop Ben A’an Mountain in Scotland

As a little girl, Walla Walla High School graduate Samantha Case was up early collecting eggs and feeding chickens on her family farm. Her efforts soon grew to a business where Case would sell eggs at the local farmer’s market and restaurants throughout the valley.

Samantha is now about to graduate from Washington State University with a double major and has been accepted to a prestigious master’s program at the University of Glasgow (Scotland) where she will specialize in information management and preservation.

“The 12-month program provides you with an understanding of contemporary information and records management issues,” said Case. “It pays special attention to the management of digital records and electronic resources, and how to manage these alongside analog resources.”

Since she was a child, Case has been interested in libraries and books inspiring her to major in history. She plans to find a job working in archives or libraries following her master’s program.

“My experiences at Wa-Hi prepared me for college by making sure that I knew how to stay on top of my schoolwork,” Case said. “Advanced Placement classes were especially helpful as they allowed me to enter college with 30 credits.”

Case encourages today’s students to get involved in school and work hard. Samantha’s success began on her family farm where she developed a strong work ethic and determination. Library leaders across the world take notice: Samantha Case has what it takes!

Originally posted in the Walla Walla Public Schools Community Newsletter >>