A notable partnership between the Honors College and the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine offers a valuable experience providing the knowledge, skills, and understanding to prepare students for meaningful careers in medicine.
How to apply
Invest in the Medical Education Endowed Scholarship Fund
The Medical Education Endowed Scholarship Fund provides scholarship support to students who are graduates of the WSU Honors College and enrolled in the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine. The fund also provides scholarships to Honors College students who are engaged in medical research and intending to enroll in the ESF College of Medicine.
Additional information can be found on the Elson F. Floyd College of Medicine website.
Select Honors College applicants indicating an interest in medicine/pre-medicine will be invited to the pre-med cohort. Students in the cohort will benefit from a community of students with similar interests, and experiences that will expand their understanding of healthcare and medicine. Example seminars include:
- Visits with ESFCOM leadership, faculty, and staff to discuss admissions and planning for medical school and a career in medicine
- Visits with ESFCOM students, including Honors College grads
- Workshops regarding effective and positive communications in clinical settings
- Connect with local and other rural healthcare providers
- Learn about different types of medical specialties and how they can be customized
- Connect with opportunities for clinical experience and research
- Workshops to start building their portfolio and prepare for their application to medical school
- Workshops to learn about relevant prestigious scholarships and opportunities
- Discuss current, local, and global topics in medicine as well as the history and progression of medicine
- Visit with faculty researching relevant topics
Honors Students in the News
Honors alumni, Christina Street, Ethan Payton, and Kyle Geiger are among the 60 students in the inaugural class of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine at Washington State University. More >>
The Medical Education Endowed Scholarship Fund in Honors was created out of the vision of a WSU Honors alumnus to support Honors students (alumni or undergraduates) who are enrolled or planning to enroll in the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine. More >>
A safe and sterile needle seems to be a basic idea when preventing infections. But how that needle is sterilized, especially in places where reuse is a common practice, spurred a good idea for a pair of Washington State University student entrepreneurs. More >>