Will my credits earned while in high school transfer towards Honors credits?
Incoming Honors students regularly enroll at WSU with credits earned through AP tests, IB exams, Running Start courses or College in the HS credits. Achieving high scores in any of those options will often earn college credit and most of them will count towards University Common Requirements (UCORE). These courses are approved by the Office of Admissions.
Most commonly these courses include:
- English language and literature
- Variety of social science courses such as Government, Psychology, History, etc.
Other commonly completed courses, that will count towards the Honors curriculum as well as UCORE include:
- Math: Calculus and/or Statistics
- Sciences: Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences – 4 credits, lab courses
- Foreign languages: level verified by the Foreign Languages department
Transfer credits can also serve as prerequisite for an intended major, or a course required by the major.