Providing students with an excellent college experience is a high priority for alumni, friends, and organizations associated with the WSU Honors College. Scholarship support from the university and national and international organizations has a positive lifelong impact on Honors College students each year.
Scholarships through the Honors College can help with
- Experiential learning
- Study and research abroad
- Research at WSU
- Presentations at conferences and research competitions
- internship opportunities
- Tuition and fees
- Housing – Through a private gift, a housing award is provided each year to three Honors College students in any area of study, and/or students who are in the Honors and Business Innovation and Leadership Experience (HABILE)
- Other costs of attendance
Scholarships through the Honors College may be based on
- Participation in special programs such as the Business Innovation and Leadership Experience and Honors Leadership Programs
- Academic interests/areas of study
- Planned experiential learning
- Financial need, based on WSU’s determination of need, which is driven by the FAFSA
In addition to scholarships awarded through the Honors College
- Students should complete the WSU Scholarship Application, which is a requirement to be eligible for Honors College scholarships.
- Students should complete and submit the FAFSA or WAFSA.
- There are many scholarships available through other departments, colleges, and programs at WSU.
- Students can apply to nationally competitive distinguished scholarships and programs.