There are a number of opportunities available to students who wish to gain experiences working in their field of interest. Check this page often for announcements about job openings and internships at WSU.
Alpine Land Information Services Career Opportunity
|Job Title:||Forest Technician 2|
|Compensation:||$20.00 per hour|
About Alpine Land Information Services
Here at Alpine we specialize in providing turn key solutions when managing clients’ information. This means we need to employ a wide array of professional and non-professional expertise. Whether we are developing data collection protocols, system server application software or just trying to find the most cost-effective way to access a remote piece of ground, we are fully engaged. We strive to provide our employees with the best and most modern equipment, including custom support software. Training and re-training are a way of life at Alpine. Our intent is to always find the best way to answer the ever evolving regulatory and client specific management questions. We are often employed in the perpetual management and/or the annual update needs of systems we have built. Over the last 25 years we have been presented with many challenges and we have learned a great deal from our efforts. We take great pride in bringing that experience to the current tasks and services we provide our clients.
The Forest Technician 2 is responsible for gathering an accurate forest inventory using the latest in forest mensuration technology. We employ both a fixed radius and variable radius sampling methodologies. These are carried out over a vast industrial forest landscape throughout Northern California. Over-time an incentive pay is available.
- Report to the Cruise Forman
- Gather forest inventory data with a high level of accuracy
- Operate a broad array of company vehicles
- Maintain issued equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean camp throughout the field season
- Follow company safety standards
- Preferred, actively pursuing a 2 or 4-year forestry-related degree
- Good physical condition
- Ability to operate and communicate as part of a team
- Willingness to be away from home for 5 days at a time
- Willingness to overcome adverse outdoor conditions
- iOS and Windows proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreneurship Institute
Training future entrepreneurs
The Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreneurship Institute gives you the opportunity to bring your entrepreneurial dreams to life and get a $2500 scholarship! The institute offers a unique opportunity to experience how innovation moves from idea to sustainable realization, and gives you the tools to pursue your ideas. Working in interdisciplinary teams, you will learn to manage uncertainty, design, perfect your presentation skills, work with real fiscal and technical constraints, and develop technologies to solve real problems. The Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreneurial Institute has an international reputation and is recognized with the prestigious Kauffman award.
Students with demonstrated initiative and a desire to have impact with their career are encouraged to apply by September 9th of their junior year.
To learn more about the institute, see the Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreurship Institute website.
El Pomar Fellowship
The El Pomar Fellowship is a highly selective, two-year post-undergraduate leadership training program that develops today’s young professionals into tomorrow’s leaders. It is designed to bring together highly qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and interests, and develop them into effective leaders for the public, private and nonprofit sectors. The Fellowship seeks to develop professional skills and educate Fellows in the role of philanthropy in the nonprofit sector, while offering direct management experience.
The core work experience of the Fellows is to staff and manage the Foundation’s programs. The first year of the Fellowship is dedicated to skill-building, nonprofit sector education and exploring the theoretical framework of leadership. Fellows take nonprofit management courses; personality and leadership style assessments, and learn best practices in time management, workplace dynamics, and programmatic effectiveness.
In their second year, Fellows put their skills and self-understanding into practice, enhancing their experience through increased responsibility in training and development. 2nd Year Fellows become coordinators of the Foundation’s regional activities and directors of the various programs. A number of 2nd year Fellows have the opportunity to explore community development and gain additional experience through externships with local organizations. 2nd Year Fellows also utilize internal career preparation workshops and the Foundation and Fellowship alumni network to springboard into their future career path.
- Applicants must be graduates of a four-year university or college.
- Applicants should have a Colorado connection (resident, student/graduate from a Colorado college or university, immediate family) and/or an explicit interest in serving the communities of Colorado.
- Applicants should demonstrate strong leadership capability and potential, the ability to work as a member of a team, and an interest in public service or civic engagement, and a desire to contribute to the well-being of the people of Colorado.
- Applicants must exhibit the highest standards of professionalism and behavior.
- Applicants must possess strong verbal and writing skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate personal initiative and determination.
- Applicants must have the ability to travel throughout the state of Colorado on official Foundation business.
Graduating seniors may want to look into post baccalaureate programs such as https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/postbac_irta.
Current medical students may be interested in https://students-residents.aamc.org/attending-medical-school/research-and-training-opportunities/
- Alpine Land Information Services Career Opportunity
- Harold Frank Engineering Entrepreneurship Institute
- El Pomar Fellowship
- Other Opportunities
Find more opportunities at the Academic Success and Career Center.
Would you like to post a listing on this page?
Email your listing to our webmaster.